Amazon’s Fire TV Stick has some new features that will make the life of people sitting at home browsing content a bit easier. Owners of the Amazon Fire TV Stick will now get some added support in the form of voice control and even help control playback. These features were available with Amazon’s own Prime Video app but the company has added support for a variety of new popular content apps.
Alexa will now support voice control and playback within other popular apps like Netflix, YouTube, Jio Cinema. While search commands worked with Netflix and YouTube before the update as well, now the interface will allow the user to search through Disney+ Hotstar, Zee5, Voot, JioCinema, Apple TV+, Sun NXT, MX Player TV, Eros, TVF Play and Viu. This list covers most of the popular content apps available in the country. This means users can ask Alexa to play a specific title from a specific app without the need to type-in and searching in every streaming service.
Additionally, Amazon Fire TV Stick users can control the playback of content with voice commands in more apps. Earlier these playback commands could only be accessed on Prime Video. Now, Alexa supports the same features for YouTube, Netflix and Jio Cinema. This means you could ask the assistant to play, pause, skip an episode, rewind, forward and many other functions.
With these new features being added to other popular apps, Amazon’s voice control option will become the preferred way for many to search through the interface and will make life under lockdown a bit easier than before.
Fire TV Stick 4K with All-New Alexa Voice Remote | Streaming Media Player
- Our most powerful streaming media stick —over 80% more powerful than the best-selling Fire TV Stick.
- Launch and control content with the next-gen Alexa Voice Remote. Use the dedicated power, volume, and mute buttons to control your TV.
- Enjoy brilliant picture and immersive sound with access to 4K Ultra HD, Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos, HDR, HDR-10, HLG, and HDR-10+. Choose from thousands of movies and TV episodes. Enjoy favorites from Prime Video, Hotstar, Netflix, Zee5, Sony LIV, Apple TV and others.
- The official YouTube app is now available on Fire TV. Use your voice to find, launch and play content on YouTube. Simply say “Alexa, open YouTube” or “Alexa, find movie trailers on YouTube”
- Experience thousands of apps, Alexa skills, and millions of websites like Facebook, and Twitter.
- Do more with Alexa—view live camera feeds, check cricket scores, order food, and stream music.
- Amazon Prime members get unlimited access to thousands of movies and TV episodes, plus ad-free listening to millions of songs with Amazon Prime Music.
Compare Fire TV Stick and Fire TV Stick 4K
|Fire TV Stick||Fire TV Stick 4K|
|Price||From: ₹ 3,999.00||From: ₹ 5,999.00|
|Ratings||4.3 out of 5 stars (21,684)||4.3 out of 5 stars (5,519)|
|Output resolution||720p(HD) and 1080p(Full HD) up to 60fps||2160p(4K/Ultra HD), 1080p(Full HD) and 720p(HD) up to 60fps|
|Picture quality||Up to 1080p||Dolby Vision, HDR, HDR10, HLG, HDR10+|
|TV power and volume control|
|Supported audio||Dolby Audio||Dolby Atmos|
|Ethernet support||With optional Amazon Ethernet Adapter||With optional Amazon Ethernet Adapter|
|Wi-Fi||Dual band ac||Dual band ac|
|Processor||Quad-Core 1.3 GHz||Quad-Core 1.7 GHz|
|Internal memory||8 GB||8 GB|
|Bluetooth||Bluetooth 4.1 + LE||Bluetooth 5.0 + LE|
|Alexa voice support||Yes||Yes|